Dave Clarke kicks off a new sermon series on Jesus the Evangelist loosely based on the book of the same name by Robin Gamble.
Although it is never mentioned in the Bible is probably safe to say that Jesus was the greatest evangelist.
Who is it for? - It's for everyone who calls themselves a Christian.
What does it mean? - Evangelists:
- proclaim the message of the gospel.
- persuade those who listen to believe.
- integrate those who respond into a community of disciples.
- encourage others to become evangelists.
Jesus himself followed this pattern when we look at Mark 1:9-20.
We should not be anxious with feelings of inadequacy for the task of evangelism because we have:
- Identity in Christ
- God's power in the Holy Spirit
The other reading in this service is Ephesians 4:7-13