Dave Middlebrook concludes our sermon series on Giving.
We go to extraordinary lengths to save and look after our money. Is our value based on how much money we have and what we own? Money is a problem for us if we let it have a hold over us.
What are the hallmarks of our giving?
- The assay's mark: Where do we give?
- The maker's mark: Do we recognise it's from God's gifts that we give?
- The purity mark: What is the attitude of our giving?
Christian giving is:
- an expression of the grace of God
- an act of the Spirit
- inspired by the cross of Christ
- proportionate to your means
- contributing to equality
The readings used in this service were:
- 2 Corinthians 8:1-15
- Matthew 6:19-24